Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 11

Back to 5 am mornings... shit.

Once I got up, it wasn't too bad.

WOD: 
FRONT SQUAT
10 sets of 2 reps


First set was 135# to warm up. Second set, 155#. Sets 3-10 @ 165#. Worked mostly on form and depth of the squat. Never was too good with front squat so I wanted to get more familiar with the form and keeping the weight on the shoulders.


10 rounds of 
Left hand: KettleBell Power Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Front Squat, Push Press
Right hand: KettleBell Power Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Front Squat, Push Press
*Try to go up in weight each round.
*Besides placing KettleBell down to switch hands, don't drop the KB. Each drop has a 1 burpee penalty. 


I don't recall my time (some wheres between 7:30 and 8:30 I think?), I reached the 40kg KB and had 1 drop.
A different workout, I liked it a lot. I started with the 12kg KB for the first round. Rounds 2, 3, were with a 16kg KB. Rounds 4, 5, and 6 were @ 24kg. 7, 8, and 9 @ 32kg, and finally the 40kg KB on the final round. 


The 40kg round probably wasn't pretty, but I wanted to get that big f'er up. It's roughly 88 lbs from shoulder to overhead with one hand. The first few sets were goofy with the push press. Just felt odd with one hand. Good thing I got it down after a little, I would have never gotten the 40kg off my shoulder just pressing it.




Day 1 of getting back on the whole Paleo kick:


Woke up late, so I didn't have my apple. And I forgot to pack my progenix, so I didn't have that either...
Breakfast: 2 eggs, bacon. (SURPRISE!)
Snack: Paleo Trail Mix.
Lunch: NY Strip Steak and Carrots.
Snack: Apple Sauce
Dinner: 1.5 Tilapia Fillet, 0.5 cups of rice


Pics coming soon!
Also, I'll be putting up a post of my Pics from around 2008, when I was still a college offensive lineman...Once I find the best pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment