Monday, October 3, 2011

The Challenge begins... Octoboer 3rd, 2011

Today I started the Paleo Challenge with fellow CrossFitters at CFMercer. On here, I will record my WODs (work out of the day) and what I eat, to see how well I can stick to the Paleo lifestyle... 

Todays WOD was "Cindy": As many rounds as possible of 5 Pull Ups, 10 Push Ups, 15 Air Squats in 20 minutes...


I finished with 15 rounds, plus 5 PullUps, 10 Push Ups, and 3 Air Squats. I went a good steady pace, not to quick and went unbroken as much as possible. Only issue was my shoulder on the pull ups. I seem to have some sort of an impingement on my left shoulder that will pinch from time to time on my pull ups, leaving my arm numb for a split second... It'll sap my strength, and grip, and I'll find my self holding on to the bar with one hand from time to time due to it. I grabbed a Lacrosse ball and actually rolled it on my shoulder during the squats in hopes of getting through the WOD, and it helped significantly. Crazy how a $3 ball can fix ya up quick. 

Food:
5:15 AM: Pre-Workout- Large Apple
7:00 AM: Post Workout- Progenix More Muscle + Recovery Shake
8:15 AM: Breakfast- 2 eggs, 3 strips bacon, 1 large coffee (black).
11:00 AM: Snack - Hand full of PALEO TRAIL MIX (See Below)
12:00 PM: Lunch - Grilled chicken breast and drumstick, corn, coffee.
3:30 PM: Snack - Hand full of Paleo trail mix
5:00 PM: Dinner - Mosquite chicken breast (tyson)... probably not my best option but had a little emergency to day and didn't have anything else ready to be cooked, so I did the best with what I had!




"Paleo Trail Mix"
Got this recipe from my Box's website, www.CrossFitMercer.com, from Friday September 23, 2011.
1 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup whole cashews
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins (I left these out)
1/2 cup currants
1/2 cup dried blueberries


This makes a boat load, but I made it and put it in a bunch of little ziploc bags and have one on my desk and one in my car for anytime I need a quick snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment